The Mount Carmel Area High School was dedicated on November 6, 1977 and is located at the southwest corner of the borough of Mount Carmel. In 2002, the building underwent extensive renovations to improve the facility through additions of a science wing, band room and weight room. The campus also includes the Mount Carmel Area Elementary School, which was constructed in 1998.
The current high school building replaced two separate schools that were located on Market Street and Vine Street in Mount Carmel, which had deteriorated beyond economical repair. The elementary school replaced several buildings in both Mount Carmel and nearby Kulpmont and consolidated the Pre-K to 6th grade student body into a single facility.
The campus area includes adequate parking for the faculty, staff and student body, outdoor basketball courts, tennis courts, soccer field, softball field and a recreation area adjacent to the elementary building. The high school houses a full-size gymnasium, auditorium and television facility operating under FCC EBS License WLX267. The entire campus is located on approximately 19 acres and is bordered by Reading Anthracite Coal Company land to the south, Fifth Street of Mount Carmel to the north, Willow Street to the east, and the villages of Connorsville and Dooleyville to the west.
In addition, the school district owns and operates the athletic football field and track known as the Silver Bowl. The sports facility is located near the end of West Third Street in Mount Carmel. The stadium was built in 1932 and currently has a seating capacity of 6,831. Through the years the Silver Bowl has been maintained and improved, most recently in 2012 when a new field house was constructed. A year later the all-weather track was resurfaced and the facility remains open to the public for special events and personal use most of the year.