Beginning May 1st, 2018, Mount Carmel Area School District will begin using the Raptor Visitor Management System to track visitors, contractors, and volunteers in our schools. Safety of our students is our highest priority. Raptor will provide a consistent system to track visitors and volunteers while keeping away people who present a danger to students and staff members.
There may be situations where certain visitors can be flagged as posing a danger to students or staff. One of the features of the Raptor System is the ability to program customized alerts, specific to the students and faculty at the campus. These alerts seek to help school personnel identify and avoid dangerous situations.
Examples of persons that can be entered into a Private Alert are:
- Non-custodial parents or family members
- Parents or other family members with restraining orders banning contact with a student or staff member
- Parents with very limited visitation of students
- Expelled students
- Students from rival campuses
- Persons who have threatened students or faculty members
- Persons who have committed crime on or near a campus