It is the mission of the Mount Carmel Area Educational Community to create a safe learning environment that nurtures the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being of each child, promoting college and career readiness.
The vision of the Mount Carmel Area School District is to continuously promote a school climate that encourages the involvement of students, parents, educators, staff, and community members.
The school community will work cooperatively to nurture lifelong learners who can adapt to an ever-changing global society.
This will be achieved through a continual review of our goals in conjunction with the PA Common Core Standards.
As a result, our achievements will foster an innovative instructional enviornment as we advance towards the demands of the 21st Century.
At Mount Carmel Area School District, we believe the following:
- That quality education should be available to all students.
- Students should be adequately prepared for an ever-changing society.
- In independent thinking and action.
- In responsible citizenship.
- In collaborative partnerships.
- In embracing diversity.
- In maximizing student potential.
- In a flexible and progressive education.The Mount Carmel Area School District envisions itself as a school that offers:
- A comprehensive curricula which integrates the PA Academic Standards and Anchors.
- Continual upgrading of technological resources for all students.
- Informed data-driven decisions regarding curriculum, teaching strategies and learning.
- Instruction by all highly qualified teachers.
- Professional development that supports academic rigor and best teaching practices.
- A safe and secure school environment that fosters learning and community.
- An inclusive setting that is responsive to the needs of diverse student groups.