Mr. Pete Cheddar
Superintendent of Schools
Superintendent Goals 2022-2023 School Year
Dear MCA Learning Community:
It is with great pride that I welcome you to the Mount Carmel Area School District and am honored to be the Superintendent of schools!
The Mount Carmel Area School District serves students and families in lower Northumberland County in the communities of Mount Carmel, Kulpmont, Marion Heights, and Mount Carmel Township. The rich culture and history of each of these communities combine to make our school district a truly special place.
I would like to discuss some of my educational background before becoming Superintendent at Mount Carmel Area. I started my educational career as a middle school social studies teacher at Shamokin Area School District in 2004. I then moved on to serve in school administration positions at Mount Carmel Area as Special Education Coordinator and Junior High Principal and also have experience as Assistant Principal at West Shore School District in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania. All those experiences have led me to my dream job as Superintendent at Mount Carmel Area!
My goals for our school district are simple:
1. Provide a safe learning environment for all students and staff.
2. Place student achievement at the forefront of what we do on a daily basis.
3. Encourage all students to get involved in extracurricular activities.
Our district offers many amazing opportunities for our students, from excellent academic programs, to athletic, musical, artistic, and other extracurricular activities that challenge and help our young people to become forward thinking and successful members of our community. Research and experience tell us that students that are involved with extracurricular activities are much less likely to have academic, attendance, and behavioral concerns.
Our administration, teaching faculty, and staff are truly amazing and our board of directors all work very hard to meet the mission of our district. You will not find more dedicated and hard-working school staff and I am so proud of all of them!
I encourage you to reach out to me with any questions or concerns you may have at email@example.com and am looking forward to an amazing 2022-2023 school year!
600 West 5th Street
Mount Carmel, PA 17851
Mount Carmel Area School District
Goal Area #1 Attendance
- Improve overall attendance within the entire school district.
Goal Area #2 Student Data
- Improve overall performance on PSSA and Keystone Data.
Goal Area #3 Cyber Schools
- The district goal is to move current students enrolled in outside cyber placements back to MCA.
- Phone contacts to families currently enrolled in outside cyber during summer 2022.
- Follow up mailing letter and with informational TELA pamphlet that was mailed June, 2022.
- Communicate to public the adverse cost associated with outside cyber school attendance.
Goal Area #4 Safety Initiatives
- Continue monthly Safety and Security meetings.
- Review RVATs in both buildings and continue to make suggested changes
- Aide administration with roll out of SEL curriculum, K to 12
Goal Area #5 Community Outreach
- Continue growth and planning for the annual Kaupas Camp
- Continue growth and planning for Student Clothing Drive
- Continue growth and planning for Tornado Buddy Bag Project
- Continue growth and planning for Tornado Brick Project
Goal Area #6 Planning
- District Level Comprehensive Plan is due March, 2023
Goal Area #7 Communication
- Continue meaningful communication practices with the district learning community via website, social media, alert now messages, etc.